Arizona Continuing Education COURSE
Exploring Fair and Affordable Housing in Arizona (Fair Housing Issues)
Affordable housing, or lack thereof, has been a discussion topic in the media, advocacy groups, and the political arena for years, and lately the chatter has become louder and more urgent. As the leader of one housing coalition stated, “It’s not a housing crisis. It’s a housing catastrophe.” Arizona is not immune to affordable housing issues, and to better serve would-be home buyers, licensees must first be aware of the crisis, and second, learn all they can about affordable home solutions, including reasonable financing options.
In this three-hour course we’ll explore the impact that a lack of affordable housing has on Arizona: its individuals, families, communities, and the real estate industry, while offering real-world solutions that licensees can share with would-be homeowners for housing and financing.
This course covers:
- The affordable housing crisis in Arizona and nationally, including the segments of the population (demographic and geographic) that are most impacted
- How the government and Arizona communities are attempting to address the lack of affordable housing
- Up to date graphs, charts, and statistics from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University, the National Low Income Housing Coalition, and the National Association of REALTORS®
- Creative housing options to make homeownership more affordable, including new home manufacturing and lifestyle trends
- Financing options for down payment assistance, no down payment loan products, and loans with more flexible underwriting standards
- “Bringing it Home” lessons that help Arizona licensees apply what they’ve learned on behalf of their clients and communities